In my last post I listed several weird fruits that have health medicines.
This time I’m talking about spices.
Spices have been used for ever… For example, the Bible mentions that in 1000 BC, Queen Sheba visited King Solomon in Jerusalem and offered him “120 measures of gold, many spices, and precious stones.”
Did you know that most culinary spices have also medicinal uses?
Here are some examples:
Basil – Used migraines, bed time restlessness, yeast infections, eliminates candida, gargle and mouthwash.
Chicory – Liver cleanser, fat cleanser, dissolves gallstones.
Chilli – The enzyme isolated from chilly is used in the treatment of certain type of cancers.
Black Pepper – The major functional properties of pepper are analgesic, anti-pyretic & anti-oxidant & anti-microbial.
Nutmeg – It is beneficial for the treatments of asthma, heart disorder and bad breath.
Saffron – the miracle saffron extract is used as a appetite suppressant, being used in the fight against obesity!
Turmeric – It helps deal with skin problems. It also makes coping with diabetes easier.
Today I feel inspired to talk about fruits…
I like fruit…
I really love fruits…
I love its colors… shapes… and taste!
Any kind of fruit…
Here’s a list of my favorite weird and exotic fruits:
- African cucumber – rich in vitamin c and fiber.
- Dragon fruit or Pitaya – rich in fiber, vitamin c and anti-oxidants
- Durian – rich in energy, minerals and vitamins.
- Rambutan – It’s used in a number of treatments which includes diabetes, hypertension and various other ailments.
- Lychee – rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Jackfruit – rich in energy, dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and free from saturated fats or cholesterol
- Passion fruit – It contains a high amount of antioxidants which protect from cancer, ageing and inflammation.
- Garcinia or Mangosteen – Used as a appetite suppressant…
- Kumquats – incredibly rich sources of health-benefiting dietary fiber, minerals, vitamins, and pigment anti-oxidants that contribute immensely towards wellness.
- Star fruit – rich in vitamins A and C and it also has iron, and has high fiber content.
Sometimes I feel inspired…
Sometimes I don’t…
Whenever I’m on the inspirational mode I’ll come here and write about stuff…
I don’t really know.
My inspiration is very odd…
Sometimes I’m inspired to write about important issues about the world, sometimes about trivial things… It can be about Ebola or about the Hamas/Israel conflict… It can be about women rights or just about fashion… it can be about celebrities or just about cute puppies or kittens! 🙂
But mainly I’ll write about health and fitness subject.
Whatever it is I hope you enjoy it!